This is the cheesecake which made me hook to baking. I learned to make this cake from owner of the bakery shop near my sister's home which she frequented often. So i sat for almost 2 hours watching the lady demonstrated on how to make this cake and a few other recipes. I was fidgeting as i was not used to just sit at the same place for long. But, after taking a bite of this cake i said to myself...wow! yummmyyyyy.....4 layers of goodness; the cake base, the cream cheese, the crumb and the crunchy almond flakes.....then i discovered many recipes from the internet, and my interest in baking soars......
Here is the recipe for the cake
Chocolate Crumble Cheesecake
Cake base and crumble
325g Supersoft flour (Superfine can too)
125g castor sugar
1 egg size A but B will do too
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sour cream or alt 100gm whip topping cream + 2 tbsp lemon juice
500g cream cheese at room temperature
50g castore sugar
1 egg size A
melted chocolate/any flavor of jam( i used strawberry)
almond flakes ( abt a cup )
- Heat the oven at 180 C
- Grease and flour the sides and bottom of a 9 in loose base cake tin
- Mix the flour and sugar well
- Cut in butter until crumbly and reserve 1 1/4 cup of the crumble.
- as for remaining mixture, add in baking powder, baking soda, salt, sourcream or the alternate, the egg and mix them well.
- Spread the batter evenly in the cake tin.
- Then, beat cream cheese, castor sugar and the egg together till incorporated.
- Pour over the batter and level off
- Pipe the melted chocolate over the cream cheese - see pic below or you can be creative here, i just used small plastic which i cut the tip to pipe the choc
- Spoon the jam as you wish
- Sprinkle with crumble then the almond flakes
- Bake for 45 - 50 mins or until skewer inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool in the pan for 15 min, the remove the side of the cake tin.
- Enjoy warm or cold.