My oldest son after tired of doing nothing at home, he hassled me to bring him to one newly opened supermarket in town. Over there he bought 2 pieces of freshly baked baguettes, tomatoes, cilantro and 3 bell peppers ; yellow, red and green. He used the yellow colored one first as he liked that one the most. He coarsely chopped the pepper, tomatoe, yellow onion, cilantro and minced one big garlic. He sauteed the onion and garlic in pre heated 2 tablespoon of olive oil and added everything else except the cilantro. Let the mixture on the fire of a few minutes and he threw in the cilantro and off the fire. The he sliced the baguette thickly, slabbed some butter and rubbed the buttered slices with garlic. He put quite generously the salsa mixture on the sliced baguettes and toast them in the 180 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes and walllaaaa......the snacks for the evening.....i tell you 2 baguettes were finished in no time ha ha haMy baking corner in the kitchen....this picture is for Kina as i could see her almost fell on the ground trying to peep into my kitchen over the fence ha ha ha....just kidding ek Kina.....
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Repeat order by the same customer. She was pleased with the cupcakes here, she wanted one whole chocolate cake to eat during the Chinese New Year break. From the flyers she also requested for fruits tarts. However, regretfully after searching high and low in a few supermarkets here, there was no strawberry for her. If not the tartlets would look even more gorgeous.
The chocolate cakes
Raspberry ice cream for tonight dessert...
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
When i went to this site Allrecipes and looked for cake recipe i saw a familiar picture and pleasantly surprised to see my nickname being credited. Made this awhile ago and i misplaced the recipe i printed. I have 4 green apples in my kitchen and browsed this site for inspiration.
Apple Bundt Cake
SUBMITTED BY: Carol PHOTO BY: zaitgha"This is a good wholesome cake, especially nice for the fall."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan. In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups white sugar, oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the apple mixture. Alternate layers of batter and filling, ending with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
My first 'official' sale. Why official? Because it was a sale to someone i do not know, not the relatives or next door neighbors ha ha ha......Anyway i learned a lot from this first sale. 1st of all, confident that i had all the ingredients to bake this chocolate cupcakes, i did do the the physical check he he....i forgot that i have 2 other cooks beside myself in the house. After the Subuh, started to weigh and measure the ingredients and sheeesshh......i ran out of self raising flour....i took a deep breath and remembered the pancake made by my son a few days ago...quickly went to browse the net and looked for the replacement....easy enough all purpose flour with a few teaspoon baking powder....but still prayed hard the batter would work the same with the combination. I did not want too high or too low of cupcakes. The cupcakes came out perfect and thank God......lesson learn?? 1) To do the physical check no matter what
2) Can substitute self raising flour with the above mentioned combination. 3) Learn that the normal quantity of batter used was not enough for the number of pieces ordered. Gotta work on that too to ensure enough batter for number of pieces i want.
Since she wanted similar designs from my previous pictures, i did simple similar deco but not the same.
Cooked paku goreng belacan and gulai telur itik with belimbing for dinner a few days back. I forgot to get some pucuk ubi for the gulai telur but it was still yummy......