My eldest sister called me on Monday telling me that her daughter was accepted to study in UITM Bkt Mertajam. I was very glad for my niece and know how lucky she was to be going there. I heard countless stories about students with much better results than my niece's do not get to further their studies to our public colleges. My sister also told me she would stop by my house on the way to Penang on Tuesday and asking me to have a 'talk' with my niece...ha ha ha now i wonder what am i supposed to say to 17 year old girl. I am known as Mak Teh to my nieces and nephews but i think there is always a silence "garang" after the 2 words...anyway, as garang as i am, i feel oblige to bake her favorite cupcakes as in the pictures so that she can enjoy them while traveling up north . Adapted from:- http://cupcakeblog.com/index.php
Devil’s Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
makes 24 cupcakes / 180 degree oven
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Measure out everything but the eggs directly into your mixer bowl.
2. Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
3. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, beat on high speed again for 2 minutes.
Measure out into cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers. A 2″ ice cream scoop works great for this. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely before frosting.
enough to lightly frost 24 cupcakes
1 stick butter
1/2 cup cocoa
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
~1/4 cup milk
1. Beat butter on high for about 30 seconds until soft.
2. Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar and beat until incorporated
3. Add half of the milk and the remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get to the consistency you want.
Piped the frosting onto the cupcakes with a large star tip.