I browsed the net yesterday and found one butter cookies recipe in one of the blog. Her step-by-step pictures showing how to pipe the dough and putting on the cherry/jam on the piped cookies made me wonder if i could make them too. I never baked butter cookies or piped cookies before. Looked through the recipe and all ingredients were all in. Then i read TWB.
I almost cried as some fond memories rushed in. Nuraina's posting also inspired me to try this recipe as the rain started so early in the morning, just nice after i dropped my kids at school. I got the recipe from here:- Butter Cookies at http://myperiukbelanga.blogspot.com/
500 gm unsalted butter
200 gm icing sugar
1 tsp salt
650 gm all-purposed flour
50 gm milk powder
Strawberry or other favourite jam
Piping bag with star nozzle
1. Preheat oven to 150ºC.
2. Sift together flour and milk powder, set aside.
3. Beat butter and icing sugar with electric mixer until pale.
4. Add in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
5. Add in salt and sifted flour into the batter. Fold in with plastic spatula in one way turn, not too long or the dough will stiffened.
6. Put into a piping bag with star nozzle and pipe it on a lined tray with 3 finger spacing.
7. Drop in your favourite jam on top and bake about 20-25 mins or until golden.
So, in the cold rainy morning i baked butter cookies. It came out really beautiful and so delicious, i was smiling from ear to ear.
Note: I got ambitious and put the dough almost full in the pastry bag i ended making a mess of my kitchen table. It was difficult to press the dough out when the bag is full. Lesson learnt ha ha ha ....